Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Spookified!



With a 10 year old kiddo, I find that cutesy Halloween decor has been nixed.  Our decor theme this year;  spooky, creepy, bizarre.  No sweet pumpkins or smiling ghosts.  So, I dug around in my garage (yes, there is some awesome stuff in there) and reached into the creative cobwebs to see what we could come up with.  The best part ... aside from the cobwebs, all the decor has been purchased second hand.  Many of the items I use other times of the year.  Add a skull on a platter, and poof- creepy it is!  
So if you are up for a scare, read on.  If you are easily spooked, come back for the next post.




Isn't that birdcage amazing?!!  It will be great for so many seasons.



Kiddo touch;  crazy eyeballs!
 


If you follow me on facebook, you got a sneak peek of my test tubes done Halloween style.  Last month they were individual vases of long pretty flowers.

 My large window hangs here year round.   Cobwebs and spiders are an easy way to creep up a distressed piece. A little left over morning coffee helped 'die' the cheesecloth to help it have an aged look.




Enter ... if you dare!


 We used this glass terrarium to start our strawberry seeds for the garden last spring.  I nabbed it up quick at a tag sale.  Styrofoam skull & small silver plate were thrift store finds.


My husband thought I had lost it when I excitedly showed him this rusty pitchfork.  Yep, it came as it, without the handle.  But, now?  So awesomely creepy on the door that resides by the kitchen table, with a black enamel bowl centerpiece, currently serving as a cauldron.  How could I not be excited?!


I'm currently 'brewing' some great possibilities... check back, follow the blog by email so you don't miss a post, and 'like' Lively Grace on facebook for updates!

Happy Haunting!
-Jen

1 comment:

  1. Cute...I mean gruesome stuff.....Love that bird cage by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete