Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Antique steamer trunk



 Antique steamer (or dome) trunk-sold
         


First of all, let me be clear.  I am not an antique expert.  I just know what I like, and this trunk is amazing!  It has curved wood, and stamped metal on the exterior, with the sweetest little wheels set into the bottom.  That's handy, 'cause it's heavy my friend!
 



What I do know, are sites like google, etsy, and ebay.  Similar trunks are dated between 1880-1930's.  (And go ahead and price compare, plus imagine shipping this beaut.)


It has a great patina that I like just the way it is.  Or, it could be refinished and restored.






The interior is in quite good shape.  The picture above is with the removable tray inserted.
  

Contact me via email (livelygrace@me.com),   if you'd like to take a look under the lid!

-Jen 







No comments:

Post a Comment