Monday, May 28, 2012

Hob (k)nobbing

I've debated on painting this for a while;  yes or no, what color, all of it or leave the slide out writing surface unpainted, and on and on.




It belonged to my husband's grandfather, so I'll be keeping it.  I think I'm a little hesitant to paint it because it's in nice condition.  And because there are other projects in front of it.  And because sometimes I'm indecisive : ).  But, I did change it up a bit today.


Do the knobs look a little familiar?  Yep, same ones are on the super shabby piece in my last post.


So, I imagine it will stay this way for a while.  Hopefully it will stay this tidy for a while, it tends to be a great landing spot for papers & such.  Maybe I'll work on styling it a little more, but really, can it get better than the hand drawn card I received a few years back from a certain kiddo... I think not!


What are my other projects you ask?  Well, my car is not parked in the garage due to the numerous projects in multiple stages of done-ness. I'm  mulling over the idea of having  a 'Lawn Event by Lively Grace'  on, uh, my lawn : ).  Selling items in person is such fun;  we can chat about paint, how you plan to use it, and then you lovely folks can see it in person, touch it, slide drawers open and closed, and see all my wares in one stop.  Tell me what you think?!

-Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment