Thursday, July 3, 2014

Americana Porch | 4th of July

I knew I liked the red lantern when I found it at a yard sale, but I don't have red accents in my house, so I listed it on my blog.
Then the 4th of July drew near, and that little lantern hadn't sold.
I'm not even a little bit sad about that.




I purchased these red chairs at a yard sale, last year, I think.  They were super dusty with spider webs and junk in the metal tube legs, but they are sturdy, and I could see the paint had some great chipping already happening.  I scrubbed them down, let the paint flake off where it was loose, and then sealed them with double coat of polyurethane to keep the paint that was there a little protected.  


The vintage books and vintage wood stool are from my home;  both are also yard sale finds.  




Both pillow covers are thrift store finds, and both were like new when I found them.  The galvanized tub is from an estate sale years ago, before my first booth at the flea market.  
Did you see the sneak of the rug on my Facebook page?  My usual doormat wasn't fitting this scene with of it's brown and neutral.  Then I remembered I had purchased a couple handwoven vintage rag rugs from an estate sale this year.  I wasn't sure of my plans for them when I bought them, I just couldn't pass them up.  Who knew this one would be so perfect!?




More important than great thrifted finds however, is my grateful Thank You to all the men and women who have protected our USA, and their families.

Have a safe and happy 4th of July.
-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment