Friday, January 20, 2012

Auction item

Did that get your attention?

I do enjoy an auction.  The auctioneer's chatter, the excitement of bidding, practicing my poker face, watching other people bidding...it's all good.  This time, though, I am donating an item to the auction.  Specifically, my son's school auction thru Holy Spirit Catholic School.  It's our school's biggest fundraiser.  And it's a blast!  

So here's one of my donations.


It's a sweet little vintage side table.  I believe at one time it was meant to hold records.  The lid is hinged  in the back and there are 4-5 wood dividers inside where you could slide your tunes.  In an organized fashion.  Maybe like a vintage playlist. (Insert the cute little smiley face here).  The paint was actually a Christmas gift.  See, I'm a thrifty gal at heart, but had read so much about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint on other blogs I was intrigued, so receiving it as a gift was perfect!  And yes, it is as awesome as you have heard.  And the wax ... absolutely lovely!




I picked this cutie up at the last Wildhare Flea Market in October from a fellow vendor.  Can you see why I'm already looking forward to the next flea market in March?  Selling re-graced goodness from my booth, shopping other vendors booths, getting to know some awesome people, a venue where I can get away with wearing a vintage apron ... sounds like a great weekend to me!  (Reminder to self - get coffee, it's also a very busy weekend!)

Next Saturday, January 28th, is the Holy Spirit Catholic School auction!  All are invited!  There is a silent auction first, where items range from private art lessons for your child by an amazing teacher, themed baskets, jewelry, massages, art, to handmade handbags.  This is where you will find my little table.


The food is fantastic, and you can sip a glass of wine while out bidding your friends!  Then the live auction begins and you'd better be ready.  Guided fishing trips, group dinners, and of course items created by the kids of the school.  Think quilts with all of the preschoolers handprints and a quote, or dinner and entertainment for 10 from the 4th graders.  I'm excited to see what the full school auction project is this year.  
So, if you're in the Pocatello area, come to the auction.  Music and dancing follow the auction, it is a great event for just $25.  Tickets can be purchased at the school or Phil Meador Toyota the night of the event.

Regardless of where you live, thanks for visitng! 
Although this one is going to auction, prior posts have items available for local sale.

Happy weekend!
-Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment