Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Flea market, March 2012




Couldn't make it?  I understand.  
I had big plans to be all set prior to the flea market.  After all, I had 5 months since the last one in October, someone pointed out to me.  And as I began to feel that little twinge in my stomach, I tried to correct my self-doubt and remembered a favorite quote, 

"If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough."

I took a deep breath and kept working as time seemed to tick by in the last day or two before last weekend.  As I worked, I recalled a few things.  First, and most importantly, I'm a mom.  Enough said on that topic, right?  Think homework, personal driver, playdate scheduler, ski-bum partner, garden assistant (none of which I would ever change!), and the maintenance stuff;  groceries & laundry.  Secondly, I have a full time career, working with a group of amazing people in a job I really enjoy.  Third - hey, wasn't there some big event in the last 5 months too - oh yeah, Christmas (again, think-mom) and my son's school auction that I finished and donated a few pieces to.

As I completed filling my booth, this recollection helped me feel a little better.  Then I realized it was nearly time to pick up my kiddo from school, fulfill another commitment, and Friday night is dinner out with my family.  AND I STILL HAD NOT PRICED and TAGGED MOST OF MY BOOTH!  (insert big twinge in my stomach here).

So, instead of crisp, fun angle photos with good lighting to share my booth, I thought I'd share with you the "I can use sequences photos of my booth to finish pricing after my kiddo goes to bed tonight" shots.    So here goes the show...


I know... that chair!  I could NOT leave it where I found it.  I did re-grace the legs, but the pink plush is all original.  My friend Jessamyn snagged it first thing Saturday morning - good thing, 'cause I really wanted her to use it.  She's an amazing photographer and I knew this chair would get some center stage love from her!  In fact, visit her website or on facebook:  Uptown Photography to see her skills in action-mad skills. I daydream in her photography shoots!


A quick long shot I had hoped to share on Friday night to peak your interest.   But, remember, I was up pricing!  Visit Livelygrace on Facebook for a much prettier picture from my friend and Wildhare Fleamarket owner/coordinator, Linda.



This photo kinda sums up my personal style, in a fleamarket kinda way.  I like worn paint,  doors for decor, vintage pieces like the enamalware pitcher, containers, (wood boxes, great hardware, galvanized metal, wire, essentially all containers!) letters, painted furniture, and little tarnished silver.  Now, my home doesn't look quite this haphazard, but you'll find a couple of these things in each room.


The two-toned creamy vanity was awaiting the center drawer that I brought Saturday morning.  This piece is still available, I'll post a full picture & pricing soon.



So the pictures are not perfect, they're actually kinda fuzzy, sorry.  I'm not perfect either.  But, Saturday morning came and my young sidekick helped me hang those labels, just in time to open.  I had the chance to visit with old friends and new, and found many junkin' kindred spirits.  I scurried back and forth in my vintage apron between my booth and all the other booths, a little 'junk drunk' I'm sure!  It is likely I made the rounds 3-4 times (at least!) to the other vendors, because I'd see something different each time!
I'll share better pictures of what I purchased at the fleamarket soon.  And I must admit, I shopped my own booth!  That vintage steamer trunk has some great storage under that tray where I stashed a few things I kept for myself!

-Jen






No comments:

Post a Comment